“You are always so elusive.” I suppose you may be correct. However, I’m working on my elusiveness. I like to think that I’m a constant work in progress…growing, discovering, exploring. You know that I have a tendency to find the smallest of things fascinating.
Like my natural tendency to be elusive when describing life… you know my tendency to strike up random conversations. Which isn’t necessarily something I’m proud of. I wish you could have witnessed this scene! There I was, isle seven! Trying to decide on which coffee creamer that would tickle my fancy.
(You of all people know that it truly takes A LOT to shock me). With that side note mentioned…this elderly woman approaches me. “These shoes are killing my feet.” My natural reaction was to look down at her feet. Yikes! First of all (it’s freezing cold here!) Secondly she was in a dire need of a pedicure. I nearly gagged looking at her toenails.
She then asks, “Are your shoes comfortable?” To which I replied, “I’ve had them for some time, so they are broken in.” I was upset that this lady had broken my concentration on the creamer process. I darted off to the next isle. As luck would have it…my new bff found me. They sell mixers for Pina Coladas, etc. My new friend unscrews the lid of one of the mixers, turns it up, and starts drinking! At this point, I was convinced that I was on a hidden camera show.
I couldn’t take my eyes of this bizarre oddity! I wish someone had taken a photograph of my expression. She stops drinking, looks at me, “Is this alcoholic?” Being so taken back by the situation I said, “No…That’s just a mixer. You have to buy liquor to mix it with.” Then she puts the screw back on the lid and sets it back on the shelf.
Practically sprinting to the check out line, there she is again! Behind me. Not only is she behind me, but unnaturally close to me. Definitely inside my personal bubble. I was trying to decide if perhaps this was just part of the ladies personality, or if perhaps she was missing a few screws. Regardless my brain was screaming, “GET AWAY.”
No comments:
Post a Comment