March 1, 2010

Choose not to try.

I've never thought about the concept of the indescribable. As in a moment, an individual, a sensation. I just expected words to be powerful enough to convey anything. To reinvent any moment and breathe life back into it. But the other night I found it all to be otherwise. It was shown to me that, for example, if you know someone so well and love them you can't seem to describe them. You can't thrust five adjectives on to them and label them like a package. And after thinking about it - that is exactly the way it should be. If you love something enough you shouldn't be able to sum it up, narrow it down, confine it to limits. Think about it. Well,the other night was indescribable. At the moment I could have spoken about it in the most poetic prose. I could have matched the perfect words with each individual feeling. And now, I can't find even one word for it. Sometimes you realize that no word could give something justice and if you can't give something the credit it deserves, you choose not to try.

No comments: