April 8, 2010

Bon Voyage

Is this what old age is starting to feel like? Coffee is not working like it once did, even this time a month ago. Perhaps my body is already adjusting to the new time change, for when I head overseas. Stranger things have happened. Speaking of which, I've been reading several books that I'm anxious to share with you. I've been writing in the sides like a madwoman. (I've even started writing in a notebook...with questions, rants, etc. from the passages to share with you.)

Darling, I'm still convinced that aliens abduct me in the evening. I should take a photograph of my body. I'm covered in bruises. Which that in itself isn't out of the realm of "norm." Given my graceful nature. I still have a scar on my hand from the time the hook decided it rather be halfway under my skin...and you know what? I still have the hook. I put the hook behind a cross that I got from mass. I wonder if it has repented?

Last night I got out in the yard and planted some new things. Perhaps you can explain this to me...because I'm baffled by it. Why do I spend so much time doing things like that? Yardwork? Etc.? I'm rarely ever home to enjoy any of it. I have yet to decide what to do with the area around the swimming pool. Perhaps Sunflowers? I've thought about some sort of fountain... I need tranquility.

Saturday I'm going to buy a mini cake, take it to Freedom Park, draw, and reminisce about all of our adventures there. Remember the Impeach Bush protest that we attended? The warm evenings...

And I'll leave you with this: Why is it that everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things?

1 comment:

Katie Caldwell said...

It's all little things. Even living in West Africa is a little thing. I don't feel like I'm making any kind of difference, but, we'll see. And you're right its the little things we'll remember. Like the small children, I've always thought their perspectives are dead on. (People may say a friendship is a "little thing," but i would disagree...) Wish I could be in Freedom Park with you! <3 Soulmate